If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
冬天來了,春天還會遠嗎?
Ode to the West Wind
(西風歌)
Percy Bysse Shelley
雪萊 (1792-1822)
If I were a dead leaf thou mightest bear;
如果我是任妳吹落的一片落葉;
If I were a swift cloud to fly with thee;
如果我是隨妳飛翔的雲彩;
A wave to pant beneath thy power, and share
如果是波浪,在妳威力下急湍,
The impulse of thy strength, only less free
享受妳神力的推動,自由自在,
Than thou, O uncontrollable! If even
幾乎與妳一樣,啊,妳難制的力!
I were as in my boyhood, and could be
再不然,如果能回返童年時代,
The comrade of thy wanderings over heaven,
常陪伴著妳在天空任意飄飛,
As then, when to outstrip the skiey speed
以為要比妳更神速也非幻想;
Scarce seemed a vision, I would ne'er have striven
那我就不致處此窘迫的境地,
As thus with thee in prayer in my sore need.
向妳苦苦求告:啊!快使我高揚,
O, lift me as a wave, a leaf, a cloud!
像一片樹葉、一朵雲、一陣浪濤!
Make me thy lyre, even as the forest is:
把我當作妳的琴,當作那樹叢,
What if my leaves are falling like its own!
縱使我的葉子凋落又何妨!
The tumult of thy mighty harmonies ,
妳怒吼咆哮的雄渾交響樂中,
Will take from both a deep autumnal tone,
將有樹木和我的深沉歌唱,
Sweet though in sadness. Be thou, Spirit fierce,
我們將唱出秋聲,婉轉而憂愁。
My spirit! be thou me, impetuous one!
精靈啊!讓我變成妳,猛烈、剛強!
Drive my dead thoughts over the universe
把我死寂的思想驅散在宇宙,
Like withered leaves, to quicken a new birth;
像一片片的枯葉,以鼓舞新生;
And, by the incantation of this verse,
請聽從我這個詩篇中的符咒,
Scatter, as from an unextinguished hearth
把我的話傳播給全世界的人,
Ashes and sparks, my words among mankind!
猶如從不滅的爐中吹出火花!
Be through my lips to unawakened earth
請向未醒的大地,借我的嘴唇,
The trumpet of a prophecy! O Wind,
像號角般吹出一聲聲預言吧!
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
如果冬天來了,春天還會遠嗎?
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
|